Many people in the church today think that “young-earth” creationism is a fairly recent invention, popularized by fundamentalist Christians in the mid-20th century. Is this view correct?
Answers in Genesis scholar Dr. Terry Mortenson presents his fascinating original research that documents a different story. With illuminating attention to detail, Mortenson discusses:
- The men who invented the idea of millions of years
- The beliefs of the “pre-Darwin” church regarding the age of the earth
- The origins of the gap theory, day-age theory, local flood theory, etc.
- The “scriptural geologists” and their arguments against old-earth geological theories
- The real source of the idea of millions of years (it is not science)
This book details the early 19th-century origin of the idea of millions of years and the Christian men who opposed that idea.